Interdisciplinary Working Group for the Humanities
Members of the Humanities Working Group provided advice and input to the Vice Chancellor for Research, the Provost, and the Chancellor on humanities-related research activities across campus.
Antoinette Burton, History
- Samantha Frost, Political Science
- Chris Higgins, Education
- William A Kinderman, Music
- Erik McDuffie, African American Studies and History
- Robert Parker, English
- Anke Pinkert, German
- Dede Ruggles, Landscape Architecture
- Ellen Swain, Library
- Robert Warrior, American Indian Studies
- Antonios (Antony) Augoustakis, Classics
- Nancy Abelmann
- Siobhan Somerville
Interdisciplinary groups were charged by the Office of the Provost and the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation to advise campus administration on activities that support the growth, strength, and visibility of the university's interdisciplinary research enterprise.
Members of the Humanities Working Group provided advice and input to the Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation, the Provost, and the Chancellor on humanities-related research activities across campus.
Specific committee activities included:
- Advising campus administration on how best to support both scholarship in the humanities and partnerships among faculty in the humanities
- Building on the process of Visioning Future Excellence, connecting individuals and groups of researchers to enable creative new scholarship
- Working with OVCR staff to create strong coherent external communications that present Illinois as a world leader in the humanities
- Evaluating options for additional support for scholarship in the humanities, especially support for faculty who are seeking external funding in the humanities
- Identifying the multiple units and centers on campus that support humanities research and making recommendations for how to promote possible synergies