Main Content

You are here

Reporting an Injury

Reporting an Injury

In case of injury, however slight, while you are engaged in University work, report at once to your supervisor.

If the injury is not life-threatening, immediately report to your supervisor (not a co-worker), Fill out a University of Illinois Employee’s Injury Report, and promptly seek medical care. Failure to report the injury may affect your right to compensation for time lost or reimbursement for expenses incurred.

You may seek treatment at one of the following locations:

Carle Occupational Medicine
Located at the Carle North Annex off North Lincoln (North of I-74)
810 W. Anthony Drive, Urbana, IL 61802
7:00 AM to 5:00 PM – Weekdays
Phone: (217) 383-3077
After hours, weekends and holidays – contact Carle ER at 383-3313


Safeworks Of Illinois
1806 N. Market Street; Champaign, Illinois 61820
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM – Weekdays
Phone: (217) 356-6150


After hours and weekends: Presence Health Hospital ER (Previously Provena Covenant Hospital)
1400 W. Park Street, Urbana, IL 61801
Phone : (217) 337-2131

Student Injury

Are you an injured student and unsure what to do?
Ask yourself this question…

Did my injuries occur while performing duties that I am paid to do?

YES = Follow the procedures listed above
NO = Contact McKinley Health Center at 333-2701

Direct questions to: Your Departmental Office or Office of Claims Management – 217-333-1080

Principal Investigators

I'm looking for...

Limited Submission Information

Human Subject Usage

Sponsored Research