Members of the Humanities Working Group provided advice and input to the Vice Chancellor for Research, the Provost, and the Chancellor on humanities-related research activities across campus.
Specific committee activities included:
- Advising campus administration on how best to support both scholarship in the humanities and partnerships among faculty in the humanities
- Building on the process of Visioning Future Excellence, connecting individuals and groups of researchers to enable creative new scholarship
- Working with OVCR staff to create strong coherent external communications that present Illinois as a world leader in the humanities
- Evaluating options for additional support for scholarship in the humanities, especially support for faculty who are seeking external funding in the humanities
- Identifying the multiple units and centers on campus that support humanities research and making recommendations for how to promote possible synergies